Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: It's official....

  1. #41
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    Watching SpiderMan 3 right now...pretty good flick!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #42
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">honestly, I'm not racist at all, and I didn't vote for McCain just because Obama was black.

    But this man won because he's black.. huge number of black turnout, and it's evident with the states he won...
    Why else are all these black major leaders crying?
    this is crazy to vote someone to become president.</div></div>


    Why else are all these black leaders crying? Let's not be remiss and peg just the leaders. African-Americans are crying tonight because this is the culmination of a dream. Just think how you would be feeling right at this moment if you were black. Not too long ago,those folks were strung up from trees,told that they couldn't eat in the same place as whites,use the same restrooms,go to the same schools...etc. You'd better believe that were I black,I'd be crying as well tonight. </div></div>

    Well said ID. When they announced it, I called Ms. Harris and she was bawling...she said she knew Rick was looking down on us and celebrating up there in heaven. I was crying my eyes out, I am so proud of my country.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    I am with you...he may not be the Anti-Christ, but we will definitely continue our immoral spiral to nothinness...The Roman Empire falling all over again...mark my words...
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  4. #44
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    4 years ago when I pegged him to become our next President I got the same tired BS from most of you "America will never elect a black man"

    now, hours after the first African-American has been elected President of the most powerful country on the planet, the overriding opinion on here is that he won because he IS black?!?!?

    I don't feel as if I'm going out on a limb at all in saying that for every person who voted FOR Obama because he was black, there was one person who voted AGAINST Obama because he was black

    race shouldn't have played an issue on either side...but it's not like it was close...and black people are a minority for a reason, there are LESS of them, so it's not like there weren't millions of people who voted Obama because of his message and because of the desperate change we needed

    bottom line, if Obama is a white guy, he is still the next president...but guess what, he just as much white as he is black [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    just thought about the double-whammy that must be for bassackwards SWVA, to have the by-product of an interracial marriage become president of the country they live in...






    hahahahahaha
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Rich_Kotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    The dems could have rolled out Terri Schiavo and won. McCain never had a chance after 8 years of f'ups. There were a few states where race could have played a part, like Virginia but for the most part, the states that went blue were the states that always went blue. Obama won the key states he needed to and the rest was history. Had Obama been a republican with republican views, I think he loses pretty badly.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bottom line, if Obama is a white guy, he is still the next president...but guess what, he just as much white as he is black [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] </div></div>

    I disagree. I don't think it makes someone racist when they point out that race played a huge factor in this election. Yeah, a "white" Obama may have still won an election, but I don't think you can deny the fact that race still played a factor.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    Race is the only thing they are talking about right now. That's pitiful.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    all I've heard on the news is, he's the first black, black, black, black.. if that wasn't a huge part of it, then why won't he media get off of it too?

    I honestly don't think Obama will stick to anything he said that got him into the White House.. I really liked the fact last night, he said something along the lines "we will destroy our enemies".. that's a lot better than hearing him say "we'll negotiate with them"

  10. #50
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official....

    They are talking about his race because it's a milestone in American history...you guys are talking about his race as the main reason (or excuse why) he won...that's the difference. What the news channels are doing is pointing out history, most posts I read on here have racial undertones that have nothing to do with making history.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •